Here's how to make a matcha latte the proper way, using real matcha tea and steamed milk. One matcha latte will provide you with 3 x vitamin C than a glass of OJ, at least 4 x the antioxidants of a green tea- as well as boosting energy levels and helping with clarity of mind and concentration.
All the recipe details are below, along with a how-to video taking you through the steps. You can't go wrong.
What you will need:
100ml 80 degree water
100ml milk (we love oat or almond milk)
Few drops of vanilla essence
Teaspoon of Raw Honey (optional)
What to do:
- Add 1 Perfect Matcha Teaspoon of Matcha to your mug / cup.
- Add a little 80 degree water (If you don’t have a fancy kettle just add a splash of cold water before you add the hot) and whisk well ensuring you get rid of any clumps. The best way of doing this, and the traditional way, is to use a bamboo matcha whisk - but you can also use a battery powdered whisk too.
- When smooth, top up the cup to 1/2 full with 80 degree water. To enjoy as a hot tea latte, follow next step. To enjoy as an iced latte go to step 6.
- Add a few drops of vanilla essence (optional) to 100ml of milk, gently heat and froth it!
- Add your milk to your tea, stirring as you go and ensuring you get a nice, big dollop of frothy milk on the top. Sprinkle a little matcha on the top for a cute finish.
- To enjoy cold, fill a glass half full with ice, pour over the hot matcha and top up with cold milk. With both hot and cold, we add two shots of vanilla for the best flavour.
Matcha Demonstration video
Everything you need for this recipe:
Bird & Blend's Matcha tea is perfect for using in all sorts of tea recipes, from smoothies to ice cream. We are also the first UK tea company to have developed our own Flavoured Matcha Collection, all hand blended in-house using natural ingredients.
Don't forget to explore our other matcha recipes and become a matcha master!