Recently, our Dark Choc Chilli Chai chocolate was featured on Love Your Weekend with Alan Titschmarsh to make this fantastic boozy and spicy hot chocolate.
What you will need:
- 600ml whole milk
- 500ml double cream
- 300ml Project 137 Pumpkin Spiced Rum
- 140g Only Coco 64.5% Peru Chilli Chai Chocolate
- 4 Physalis to garnish
- Pour the milk and cream into a saucepan.
- Gently heat.
- Chop the chocolate finely and add to the pan.
- Stir occasionally until the chocolate has melted and the mixture starts to boil.
- Take off the heat and add the rum.
- Add more milk if you’d like a looser consistency. This will also take the level of chilli heat down.
- Serve in mugs and decorate with a physalis on the rim of each mug.
- The drink can be made in advance and reheated - just make sure you bring it to the boil and then immediately take off the heat. It can also be served cold as a chilli chocolate Martini in a Martini glass. (More milk may be required if drinking chilled.
Food & Drink Writer / Broadcaster / Event Host / TV Series Producer & Director
Twitter / Instagram: @tvsandyclarke