Calling all London Teabirds, we have some exciting news for you!
If you live in London (i.e. within the M25) your Bird & Blend Tea will now be delivered with 0 emissions! 🎉
We have partnered with an exciting innovative company called Hived.
♻ How does Hived work?
They collect your items from our B&B HQ, The Nest in Worthing, with an electric vehicle and then use cargo bikes or push bikes to deliver straight to your front door.
As well as sending updates, notes, and information about changing your delivery to them too. It's as easy as that!
♻ Eco savings!
♻ Why do we need zero emissions delivery in cities?
Things we can do to help:
- If you’re not happy with your item, you can always send it back to us free of charge.
- One of the most eco friendly ways to shop is to go to your local store, less individual deliveries reduces emissions. Also an added bonus is that you can spend more time with your excellent TEAm of Tea Mixologists.
- If you know you may send you item back, please avoid ordering online or speak to our Customer Experience TEAm who can help you find the right item. This creates more traffic, emissions & pollution.
Why we're excited about your partnership with Hived...
About our other delivery partners
Royal Mail have been voted one of the most environmentally friendly delivery partners. This is because it has one of the largest ‘feet on the street’ network. It has also invested in 295 EV vehicles for its fleet.
DPD is our delivery partner for next day deliveries. They are a carbon neutral company, and they have invested in e-bikes and electric vehicles.
What's next for reducing the emission related to your tea deliveries?
- We’re looking to expand our zero emission offering to more cities.
- We’re exploring ways to optimise our international shipping.