This delicious Chocolate Digestives cheesecake tastes glorious with those creamy chocolatey biscuit notes! It can also be made with any other tea blends, give it a try & let us know what you make.
Follow this easy step by step recipe by Bird & Blend superfan Amy Lee, who is a member of Brew SocieTEA. Look out for the Brewbird Approved stamp on more recipes, reviews & features across our website and social media - that means it's been created by a member of our communiTEA!
Serves: 8 - 10
What you will need:
- 4 Perfect Tea Spoons of Chocolate Digestives tea
- 100g of crushed chocolate digestive biscuits
- 50g of demerara sugar
- 50g of melted, unsalted butter
- 500g cream cheese (I used full fat, but low fat would work fine)
- 100g of icing sugar
- 1 sliced vanilla pod
- 200ml lightly whipped double cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 bag of crushed chocolate buttons
What to do:
- Smash 100g of chocolate digestive biscuits in a sandwich bag with a rolling pin until they're finely crushed.
- Mix the crushed biscuit together with melted butter and demerara sugar.
- Spoon the mixture into a lined baking tin & press down using a metal spoon to even the base, then put in the fridge to set for about 45 minutes.
- On a low heat, heat up the double cream to a fairly low heat, then add the loose tea and vanilla pod. Let it stay on a low heat for about 5 minutes, then allow to sit and brew for a further 5 minutes.
- Mix together the cream cheese and icing sugar.
- Strain the tea and vanilla out of the cream and then fold the cream into the cream cheese mixture, making sure it's all mixed thoroughly.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture onto the base and allow to set in the fridge for approx. 1 hour.
- Sprinkle the crushed chocolate buttons over the cheesecake. Enjoy!